Facilities Team Member
Full-time contract position
25+hours per week
Start date: on or about March 1, 2020
The Santa Fe Institute is looking for a hands-on Facilities Team Member, a highly motivated, service-oriented self-starter who is comfortable with technology.
Responsibilities include minor carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, and general building repairs, as well as providing custodial support as requested. Under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager.
- provides basic maintenance support, including routinely moving office furniture and equipment, stocking supplies, replacing bulbs, making minor repairs, painting, and removing snow from stairs and pathways
- provides feedback and status via computer
- coordinates responsibilities with other team members and supervisors
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a smartphone
- Good interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and able to work as part of a crew
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and to carry 40 lbs
- Willingness to do light or infrequent moderate manual labor
- Must have, a valid NM driver’s license, current auto insurance, the ability to tow a trailer
The ability to work a split shift is a bonus. The Facilities Team Member works on both of SFI’s campuses, as assigned.
To apply, e-mail PDFs of the following: 1) a short statement of interest, 2) your resume, and 3) a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in your subject line that you are responding to the “Facilities Team Member for Santa Fe Institute” announcement.
We will be accepting applications for this position through Friday, February 28, 2020