Participation in the Symposium & Short Course is selection-based. The application window for in-person attendance is now closed. Applications for poster and "Radical Ideas" submissions are currently under review. Announcements will be made in March.
Individuals may apply in any or all of the following categories:
- Non-presenting participant (in-person or online)
- Poster presenter (in-person only)
- Radical Ideas presenter (in-person only)
*NOTE: Proof of full vaccination against Covid is required for in-person participants.
All application materials are submitted through the application platform, accessed through the “Apply now!” button. No emailed application materials accepted.
All applicants must submit:
- Contact information
- Short CV (max. 1 page, uploaded as pdf) containing academic training, most recent professional position(s) held, and up to 6 selected publications
- Statement of interest/biographical blurb (≤ 500 words)
- Applicants to present a poster must additionally submit:
- Research project abstract (≤ 250 words)
- Radical Ideas candidates must additionally submit:
- A standard text, audio, or visual format (mp4, mov, pdf, jpg, etc.) file proposing or demonstrating an outside-the-box idea for harnessing collective intelligence in human systems. A shortlist of project leaders will be invited to attend the symposium and short course to present their radical idea in oral, auditory, visual, or embodied form. Presentation details will be provided at time of shortlist notification.
If you would like to request a need-based registration fee scholarship, please complete the “Request a Scholarship” section of the application. Support for travel, lodging, or related expenses is not available.
The application window for in-person attendance is now closed. Applications for poster and "Radical Ideas" submissions are currently under review. Announcements will be made in March.
Application deadline for priority review: February 1st, 2023
Application deadline for rolling submission: March 1st, 2023
Priority review decisions communicated: March 2023
Review for rolling submission: April 2023
Priority applicant registration and payment deadline: April 15, 2023
If space is available:
Late application review: rolling review after February 1st, 2023
Late applicant registration and payment deadline: May 5, 2023
Registration and payment
Registration and payment instructions will be sent to accepted applicants only along with an invitation letter, limited hotel booking codes, scholarship decisions, poster and/or Radical Ideas presentation instructions, and other pre-arrival information. Due to the demands on hotel space in Santa Fe, applicants are encouraged to reserve accommodations as early as possible.
Priority Review Student: $200.00
- Rolling Submission Student: $250.00
Priority Academic / Non-Profit: $300.00
- Rolling Submission Academic / Non-Profit: $350
Professional / Corporate: $600.00*
- Rolling Submission Professional / Corporate: $650.00*
- Online: $100.00
*Accepted SFI ACtioN affiliates attending in person will have their registration fees waived.
Travel, lodging, and dinners are not included in the registration fee. Breakfast and lunch will be provided to participants all three days of the short course.
The Collective Intelligence: Foundations + Radical Ideas Symposium & Short Course is sponsored by the Miller Omega Program, with additional support from the McKinnon Family Foundation and SFI Science.